Our 3 day course in OPU will provide students with a foundation of knowledge and skills for successful implementation of ovum pickup in cattle. Laboratory work is limited to verification of oocyte collection via microscope, and preparation of oocyte for shipment to a central lab for culture.
Class will be limited to 4 students and will take place in our climate controlled education center.
Previous ovary palpation experience is suggested, but not required.
It is recommended that students bring the ultrasound machine that they intend to use with them to the course. Please contact Agtech in advance for more details regarding information we will need in advance about your ultrasound system.
What You Will Learn
- Physiological aspects of OPU/IVF
- Techniques / Tips for successful OPU
- Choosing equipment
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Preparing oocytes for shipment
- Proper equipment assembly
- Equipment troubleshooting and testing
- Proper positioning of ovary and follicles for OPU procedure
About the Instructor
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Agtech’s Reproduction Education Center in Manhattan, Kansasis a state-of-the-art training facility that provides the ideal location for classes year-round. The facility is climate controlled and includes an embryology lab and indoor palpation stalls.
- The embryology lab has been designed to allow you to learn the techniques hands-on while watching the instructor perform the same techniques.
- The palpation stalls provide a secure enclosed structure with ample room for you to work with our on-site cattle. All techniques learned are hands-on and you will work with a variety of cattle.
Our casual classroom atmosphere encourages questions and open discussion. Cost is $xxxx Does not include transportation or hotel, but lunch is provided each day.