Transfer Frozen Embryos
Agtech's focused 1.5-day (12 hour) course delivers comprehensive, hands-on instruction in “best practices” for transferring frozen/thawed IVF & MOET- produced cattle embryos. The workshop is designed for large animal or mixed-practice veterinarians and dairy or beef cattle breeders, who intend to receive and transfer frozen embryos produced through IVF or MOET.
2023 Class Dates
- To be determined. Please complete the Inquiry Form below or chat with us for more details!
What You Will Learn
- How to manipulate the uterine horns and ovaries
- Best location to deposit the embryo, and how to accomplish that objective
- How to thaw embryos frozen previously via controlled rate methodology
- Procedures for thawing, loading and “safe-keeping” embryos prior to transfer
- Which recipient heat dates match best for IVF, and for MOET embryos
- Which recipient heat dates match best based on embryo stage of development
- Understanding the information recorded on the “Embryo Freezing” form
- Proper completion of embryo transfer paperwork and documentation using IETS guidelines
NOTE: All instruction is conducted inside Agtech’s climate-controlled Reproduction Education Center in Manhattan, Kansas.
$1500 is due 30 days prior to start of class and includes all materials for the course and lunch the first day.
Class is from 9:00am – 5pm (9am until noon on final day) and a list of suggested hotels will be provided upon registration receipt. Manhattan’s regional airport (MHK) offers daily direct jet service to/from Chicago (ORD) and Dallas (DFW) airports via American Airlines. Agtech’s training center is conveniently located 15 minutes from Manhattan’s airport.
Limited to 6 students maximum, 4 minimum
Students must be experienced and competent in cattle artificial insemination, having performed at least 200 insemination procedures during the past year.
About the Instructor
John Curtis, PhD is the president and founder of Agtech, Inc. He has been involved with commercial cattle embryo transfer service and training since 1979 and has provided hands-on ET training to more than 500 veterinarians and cattle breeders over the years.
Notice of COVID-19 Policy for Agtech Workshops
Agtech is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and training center. This includes measures and policy which help protect staff and workshop attendees from potentially contracting or spreading COVID-19. All Agtech staff and class instructors have received a COVID-19 vaccination, and Agtech encourages everyone to get vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you are allowed to attend class if you have not received a COVID-19 vaccination.
REQUIREMENT for EVERYONE enrolled in class (vaccinated & non-vaccinated): Each morning before leaving your hotel, assess your health status for the COVID-19 symptoms listed below. If you are experiencing one or several symptoms listed below, you are NOT allowed to attend class. If you attend class and are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, you will be asked to leave class. We will gladly re-register you at no charge into the same class held at a future date.
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Unfortunately, you cannot tell the difference between flu and COVID-19 by symptoms alone because some of the symptoms are the same.