In vitro production (IVP) of livestock embryos is a three-step process involving maturation (IVM), fertilization (IVF), and subsequent culture (IVC) to the blastocyst stage. Note that many organizations and practitioners routinely use the term IVF when referring to the entire in vitro production process.
Agtech’s 3-day IVF course features the highly popular IVF Bioscience media suite and adheres to its lab training protocol, which provides a solid foundation in the skills and techniques needed to establish a successful animal IVF laboratory as well as optimizing blastocyst rates in existing laboratories.
Attendees of all skill levels will be trained in the techniques of bovine IVP using the IVF Bioscience protocol and media suite, at a pace tailored to suit the individual needs of the student. The course will reinforce theoretical knowledge of in vitro embryo production techniques with practical hands-on training in a highly focused learning environment.
2022 Class Dates
- July 20 - 22
- August 17 - 19
- September 28 - 30
- October 19 - 21
During the course, each participant receives training to develop knowledge and skills in:
Quality control & quality assurance (Laboratory setup and equipment)
- Usage of equipment and supplies associated with IVF
- Selection of plasticware and consumables
- Laboratory layout and workflow
General laboratory protocols
- Laboratory entry procedures
- Cleaning recommendations
- Working protocols
Recordkeeping and reporting of results (IVF Techniques)
- Handling and manipulation of gametes and embryos
- In vitro maturation (IVM), including logistics, timings and decision making for transportation
- Semen preparation, including semen thawing techniques and semen analysis
- In vitro fertilization (IVF), including preparation of matured oocytes and calculation of optimal semen concentrations
- In vitro embryo culture (IVC), including presumed zygote denudation techniques
- Embryo evaluation and grading
- Cryopreservation techniques
$4200 is due 45 days prior to start of class and includes all materials for the course and lunch each day. Upon completion of the course, attendees receive an account credit of $500 to spend on IVF Bioscience media, WTA products, and Agtech-brand consumables.
Class is from 8:30am – 5pm (2pm on final day) and a list of suggested hotels will be provided upon registration receipt. Manhattan’s regional airport (MHK) offers daily direct jet service to/from Chicago (ORD) and Dallas (DFW) airports via American Airlines. Agtech’s training center is conveniently located 15 minutes from Manhattan’s airport.
Limited to 6 students maximum, 3 minimum
Working with a stereo binocular microscope while examining and manipulating embryos beneficial, but not required.
About the InstructorS
The course is taught by Ms. Adaya Aroyo, MSc &/ or Mr. Saar Yavin, PhD. (both present when there are 5-6 students).
Dr. Yavin is an experienced reproductive biologist, embryologist & cryobiologist. Founder and chief scientist of Maxximilk USA, College Station, Tx which provides in-vitro embryo production laboratory services. He has been involved in the design and set up of IVF laboratories and staff training since 1999 and is skilled at managing different laboratory aspects and their integration with field conditions for best outcomes.
Ms. Adaya Aroyo is an IVF laboratory manager with over 20 years’ experience worldwide in the field of bovine genetics and the IVF industry. She excels at training local staff to successfully run their own IVF laboratories while effectively implementing protocols of good laboratory practices.
Notice of COVID-19 Policy for Agtech Workshops
As part of our continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and training center, Agtech is taking additional measures to protect staff and workshop attendees from potentially contracting or spreading COVID-19.
If you are registered for a class, then no less than 2 days before class begins you must email ONE of the following two documents to email@example.com.
(1) CERTIFICATE of Covid-19 Vaccination: No less than 2 days before class begins, email a clear photo (or scanned copy) of your certificate of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are considered fully vaccinated:
2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine, or
2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
(2) CERTIFICATE of Negative Covid-19 Test: No less than 2 days before class begins, email a clear photo (or scanned copy) of your lab-confirmed, negative PCR COVID-19 test results to email@example.com, with the test taken no more than 3 days before class begins. Example: Test Friday, email negative certificate Friday or Saturday, class begins Monday.
- Self-administered “home” antigen test kit results are not acceptable.
CONFIRM: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org several days before class to obtain confirmation that Agtech received your certificate.